Friday 1 May 2009

Friday Sketcher #50 & ASOS#49



Yep you guessed it... Friday is here and yes that means there is yet another super sketch on Friday Sketchers, this time provided by the lovely Beatrix from Germany.

And here is my take on it


My downstairs neighbour's daughter has just had a baby boy so thought it the perfect opportunity to make a card and use another of my new Gorjuss girl stamps, which as usual I coloured with my copics..{i really must try some other mediums lol}

I matt and layered 3 random bits of scrap paper {think they were a freebie mag gift} onto textured card, and edged each with a respective distress ink, i used my postage edge scissors for the main image layer. I edged the main body of the card with distress ink as well.



Pieced it all together, adding the ribbon, crochet flower with twizzles, and used good old fashioned peel-offs for the wording, highlighting the word boy with a couple of chipboard brackets.

Looking at my finished card i realised i had now completed 2 challenges as over at A Spoon Full of Sugar the theme this week is Blue and Green.
Thanks for visiting, come back soon xx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card, love your take on the sketch!

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card Nicky. Love the Gorjuss Gilr, and the colouring is great. Louise x

Annika said...

Absolutely beautiful, love the colours and the image is sooo cute!
Hugs
Annika